On Wenceslas Square No. 782 stood until the twenties of the last century a Gothic house which was later modified into Baroque style and named U Boziho oka (At God's eye). In its place was built hotel by entrepreneur Karel Julis.
Functionalist building designed by leading Czech architect and urban planner Pavel Janak, who also directed the construction.
Hotel was built in few stages between 1920-1928. After the construction, there was a large restaurant on the ground floor, confectionary and café, hotel rooms were on the upper floors and it the basement a cinema.
After nationalization, the hotel was renamed the Tatran and in 1958 was inscribed on the list of protected monuments.
Copyright © 2007-2022 EuroAgentur Hotels&Travel a.s.